1. What is Malaysia My Second Home Programme (MM2H)?
MM2H is an international residency scheme promoted by the Government of Malaysia. It allows foreigners around the world to live or retire in Malaysia in a long term basis with MM2H visa. The MM2H visa is a social visit pass with multiple entries valid for a period of 10 years and renewable thereafter. Applicants may participate alone by themselves, bring along their spouse, dependents below 21 years old, or even own maid from their country. Open to all citizens around the world to apply with no restrictions on age, gender, race, or religion.
2. What are the requirements to apply for MM2H?
In terms of financial requirements, see below.
|Below Age 50||Above Age 50|
|Show proof of liquid assets worth RM500,000 minimum.||Show proof of liquid assets worth RM350,000 minimum.|
|Show proof of monthly off-shore income of RM10,000.||Show proof of monthly off-shore income of RM10,000.|
|Provide latest 3 months certified copy of current account statement with credit balance of RM500,000 each month as financial proof.||Provide latest 3 months certified copy of current account statement with credit balance of RM350,000 each month as financial proof.|
|Letter of Good Conduct (LOGC) from the Police Department in applicant’s country of origin.||Letter of Good Conduct (LOGC) from the Police Department in applicant’s country of origin.|
|Below Age 50||Above Age 50|
|Open a fixed deposit account of RM300,000||Open a fixed deposit account of RM150,000|
|Applicant can withdraw up to RM150,000 after one year for related expenses approved below:
• House purchase
• Children’s education in Malaysia
• Medical purposes
Applicant can withdraw up to RM50,000 after one year for related expenses approved below:
|Maintain a balance of RM150,000 minimum starting from second year onwards and throughout their stay in Malaysia.||Maintain a balance of RM100,000 minimum starting from second year onwards and throughout their stay in Malaysia.|
3. What are the benefits of MM2H?
|FREEDOM TO TRAVEL||- 10 years of multiple entry visa into Malaysia.
- No minimum stay required as long as the MM2H visa is valid.
- Freedom to enter and exit the country anytime.
|SPECIAL VISA FOR PARENTS||- Participant’s parents over 60 years old are allowed to live in Malaysia.
- A special social visit pass of 6 months (renewable) will be given.
|EDUCATION||- Allowed to bring in children who are unmarried and below 21 years old as their dependant.
- Children can receive education under MM2H study permit in public or private colleges and universities in Malaysia.
|PERSONAL HOME AND CAR PURCHASE||- Allowed to purchase property according to the minimum price range established by the respective states with bank loan facilities.
- Allowed to import their own personal car or purchase a new locally assembled car with tax exemptions on tax duty given limited to RM150,000.
|HEALTHCARE||- Provided with advanced medical facilities in Malaysia.
- Medical needs are covered partly with medical insurance which is compulsory
|INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES||- Able to invest and participate actively in businesses around Malaysia.
- Subject to government policies and regulations for particular sectors in relevant.
|WORK OPPORTUNITIES||- Allowed to apply for a part time job in Malaysia.
- Two available options: Part time lecturer & other jobs with duration of 20 hours per week.
|TAX EXEMPTIONS||- Offshore income, interest or pension remitted to Malaysia are exempted from tax.
- Only income earned within Malaysia is subjected to tax.
|OTHERS||- Earn interest for fixed deposits placed in Malaysia.
- Hire or bring in a foreign housemaid with accordance to guidelines levied by Malaysia’s Immigration Department.
- Bring in pets with Veterinary Import Regulation being checked.
4. What are the steps to apply for MM2H?
Step 1. Pre-Submission: You could apply online or download forms with required documents attached upon completion of application.
Step 2. Submit Application: You could submit directly to the authority or you could submit through agent.
Step 3. Issuance of Conditional Approval Letter: Participants will receive the conditional approval letter issued by the immigration unit through MM2H centre.
Step 4. Arrival in Malaysia: Open required fixed deposit account from any banks in Malaysia for one-year period with an auto renewal basis. Then, purchase & obtain coverage on medical insurance from any Malaysia’s insurance company. Finally, obtain medical report from any registered clinic or private hospital.
Step 5. Submit Remaining Documents:
- Fixed deposit certificate
- Medical insurance policy
- Medical report
- Stamped security bond
Step 6. Visa Collection
- Pay a fee of RM90 per year.
- Social visit pass is given with a maximum of 10 years according to the validity of passport.